Volunteering at Renew Malmesbury - Make a difference!
Volunteering at Renew Malmesbury puts you at the heart of the exciting community project with the mission to Reuse, Recycle and Rethink.
Renew Malmesbury, and its amazing team of volunteers supporting our retail shop and meeting rooms in the High Street, is enabling and engaging the community in making sustainable choices that protect natural resources and our local environment and address the challenge of climate change.
We are showcasing products made from recycled materials, offering alternatives to single-use consumables and sharing skills. Renew Malmesbury reinvests any surplus it makes from its activities into making the business better and providing financial and practical support to other environmental initiatives in Malmesbury. Our shop and meeting rooms on the High Street are rapidly becoming an important community hub.
In the shop:
- Welcoming and assisting customers, telling our story, providing great customer service and a fantastic shopping experience
- Helping to creating eye catching window and in-shop displays
- Researching new products
- Championing our product range
- Keeping the shop floor well stocked, tidy, clean and organised
- Processing sales and serving on the till
- Managing stock, bar coding and stock takes
Shop volunteer roles are for 3 to 7 hour sessions and are available across our opening days of Monday to Saturday.
With our courses and workshops
- Planning and developing our new ‘Sustainability Programme’ - Workshops and courses that will increase knowledge and awareness of the practical steps to make our homes, gardening and lifestyles more sustainable
- Being a host for our ever-growing course offering (supporting tutors, welcoming course members)
Course volunteer roles are more flexible and follow the pattern of our current and developing course programmes. Being able to support some evening and weekend courses and workshops would be brilliant.
For the Renew Malmesbury Project
- Acting as an ambassador for Renew; promoting the shop and Renew in our local community either in person or via social media.
- Using your technical knowledge to lead on specific sustainability issues and engagement opportunities, for example, ‘question of the week’ and ‘book of the month’ with our growing number of highly supportive customers and supporters.
These roles are flexible and only limited by your own availability!
Will volunteering at Renew Malmesbury suit me?
If we had to describe the volunteers who are already contributing at Renew, they are
- Interested and committed to Renew, Recycle and Rethink
- Reliable, flexible, friendly and helpful
- Enjoying working with others and part of a team
If this sounds like you, then yes!
What can Renew offer you
- A commitment to make your volunteering worthwhile and fun.
- The chance to meet us and talk through what will work best for you before you commit, including taster sessions for shop roles.
- A full 1 on 1 induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Shop Manager and other volunteers to make sure you feel confident in your role
- Support to develop new skills, knowledge and experience.
- The opportunity to share your existing skills and experience to benefit others
- The chance to meet new people from a wide range of backgrounds and to join a passionate and committed team.
- The opportunity to be part of a team contributing in a practical way to overcoming the challenges of climate change, resource and biodiversity crises.