- DownloadPE 22nd June Agenda
- DownloadHousing Figures
- DownloadPublic Bus Network Survey
Planning & Environment Committee
The Planning & Environment Committee shall be empowered to exercise and perform on behalf of the Council, all powers and duties of the Council in relation to the matters listed below, which is not exhaustive.
The Planning & Environment Committee may appoint sub-committees and delegate any of its powers to a sub-committee. The Planning & Environment Committee is empowered to incur expenditure where it has an allocated budget provision.
The Planning & Environment Committee covers the following:
- Comment on all planning applications received for Malmesbury
- To comment on behalf of the Council on all planning matters including Local Plans, Structure Plans, Mineral Plans, Waste Plans, regional Plans and any other Plans or Studies as considered appropriate.
- Highway and traffic matters
- Matters which generally affect the built or rural environment of the town
- To report to the relevant authorities any breach of planning within the Conservation Areas.
- To recommend policies to Council on all matters affecting traffic management, public transport and environmental issues.
- Bus Shelters and Street Furniture
- Street naming
Chair of this Committee for 2021/22 is Cllr Phil Exton. The voting membership of the committee comprises:
- Cllr. Phil Exton (Chair)
- Cllr. Campbell Ritchie (Vice Chair)
- Cllr. Julie Exton
- Cllr. Richard Jones
- Cllr. Wayne Jones
- Cllr Ray Sanderson
- Cllr. Catherine Doody
- Cllr. Erica Whatton
To contact the committee, please contact our Committee Clerk.
Meetings typically commence at 7pm and are held in the Malting Hall unless otherwise stated.
Please see the meetings menu for Meeting Agendas, Reports and Minutes.
Latest Committee Meeting