There is an exhibition in the Athelstan Museum about the history and origins of Twinning in Malmesbury.
From the beginnings in 1954 as a Youth Exchange between Niebull and Malmesbury to the present day with a French Twin Town (Gien) and two Friendship links with Malmesbury South Africa and Bad Hersfeld in Germany (celebrating the the historical link via Lulus, a monk who studied at Malmesbury Abbey)
The exhibition includes gifts and artefacts presented to the town over the last almost 70 years and will be in place for a couple of months.
There is no charge for access to the exhibition or our fantastic museum.
- Wiltshire Council News Update
- Wiltshire Council News 28 September 2022
- Wiltshire Council News 14 September 2022
- Wiltshire Council - Latest News 2 September 2022
- Wiltshire Council - Latest News 26 August 22
- Wiltshire Council - News and Advice 19 August 22
- Business Grants for Young People in Wiltshire and Swindon - Open for Applications
- Wiltshire Council Latest News and Updates 12 August 2022
- Wiltshire Council - Latest News and COVID -19 Guidance 5 August 22
- Malmesbury and District Twinning Association celebrates 20 years of friendship with Gien France