The government announced the 3rd COVID 19 Lockdown, to take effect immediately on Monday 4th January. This Lockdown – Lockdown 3 - will remain in place until at least mid-February 2021.
The full government announcement and guidance can be seen at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home.
Malmesbury Town Council is taking the following steps:
- Town Hall and Council Services: All Town Hall activities will be changed to meet the new Lockdown rules. Please contact Peter Roach, Facilities Officer on 07425 290324 if you have any questions about bookings or activities. For general enquiries or cemetery enquires please contact Claire Mann, Deputy Town Clerk on 01666 822143. The Tourist Information Centre, Museum and Cinema are also Closed. The Jackdaw Café will make its own announcements.
- Play parks: Our children’s play parks are still open. The adult gym in St Aldhelm’s Mead is closed.
- Co-ordination and Volunteering: We are talking to Wiltshire Council, the Primary Care Centre and other local organisations including Heals to ensure we support the best possible co-ordinated volunteer response to meet any additional needs that might arise in our community in the weeks ahead. There are many differences between this Lockdown 3 and the first Lockdown in Spring 2020. This includes the higher transmission rate of the new variant virus and the extra risks to be managed in volunteer-based activities, the help required to deliver vaccines and other medical services being led by the NHS, the developments in service provision by pharmacies and food retailers, and changes to bubble and other support arrangements.
- Local business support: We will continue to work closely with Malmesbury Town Team to provide all possible support to our local businesses.
- COVID 19 HELP:
If you need help in the current COVID-19 situation and do not have any family, friends or neighbours who can support you please contact the Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub.
The Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub is set up to help with:
- deliveries of food and other essentials
- loneliness and wellbeing
The Wellbeing Hub team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Car Parking Arrangements in Cross Hayes and Station Yard
We have asked Wiltshire Council to urgently advise on the parking charge arrangements that will apply in the Cross Hayes and Station Yard car parks during Lockdown 3 to take account of the increased number of residents being instructed to work at home.